Long-term service agreement
KTS Engineering offers three types of Baker Hughes equipment maintenance programmes.
LTSA Contract (Long Term Service Agreement) – a long-term service agreement for Baker Hughes equipment of all types and modifications.
- The LTSA is concluded for a period of 36 months or more.
- The LTSA contract includes scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- The LTSA contract can be signed for all types of Baker Hughes equipment.
Benefits of entering into an LTSA:
- Increased productivity and reliability of equipment.
- Accuracy in medium and long-term planning.
- Access to all modernisation solutions and services.
MMP Contract (Multi-service programs) – is a medium-term agreement with flexible equipment maintenance terms.
- The terms of the MMP contract depend on the duration of the agreement.
- The maintenance plan and scope of work is determined by the customer.
- The MMP contract does not include access to online equipment monitoring, an emergency spare parts stock and upgrade programmes.
CSA Contract (Customer Support Agreement) – a long-term comprehensive service agreement with protection against market cycles and volatility.
The CSA contract includes:
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of Baker Hughes equipment
- Original spare parts, repair and on-site service
- Remote monitoring of equipment operations
- Baker Hughes equipment upgrades and modernisations
- Prioritised response in the event of technical problems.
- Predictable operating costs ensure accurate financial and operational planning.
- Guaranteed availability (uptime).